Black Berkey® Elements and Fluoride Filters
The Black Berkey® Elements are more powerful than any other gravity filter element currently available. Black Berkey® Elements are so powerful they can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other filtration element can duplicate this performance. The powerful Black Berkey® Elements also remove or greatly reduce pathogenic cysts, parasites, harmful or unwanted chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides, VOCs, detergents, organic solvents, trihalomethanes, cloudiness, silt, sediment, nitrates, nitrites, heavy metals, foul tastes and odors, yet they leave in the healthful and beneficial minerals that your body needs.
The Berkey PF-2TM Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid)
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
Specifications for the Black Berkey® Elements
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey® System
- Can be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- We recommend replacing Black Berkey® Elements every 3,000 gallons (6,000 per set of 2 elements). Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water.
Specifications for the Berkey® Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- Berkey PF-2 TM Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey® Elements only
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey® unit
- Number of Berkey PF-2 TM Elements in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey® Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey® Elements would require 4 PF-2 TM Filters
- Set of 2 Berkey PF-2 TM Elements need replacement after 1000 gallons of use
Included in the box:
- 2 Black Berkey® Elements
- 2 wing nuts, 2 washers
- 2 Berkey® Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
- 2 priming buttons
Please note, labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand.
Not available in CA or IA.
Berkey one of the best water filtration going on the market and 9GHealth foods ships out the product on time and packaged for total safety!!!!
Janice McDonald-Zavarce –
We love our Berkey. It is easy to handle and fill. Although Squamish BC has lovely water, the taste is much improved by our Berkey and water bottles filled with our Berkey water stay pristine for a long time (like when they roll under the car seat and you find them days later.
Can you tell me when to replace our filters? We are a couple and only use about 5 litres of water daily in total. We have had our filter since August 15 2018. When should we order more? Thank you for your products and answer.
Chris King –
Thank you for checking. You may want to check out the following two articles we have posted which should help you determine how long your filters will most likely last:
The first one will give you the answer to your question, and the second article provides a more thorough explanation of “why”. Hope that helps!